The Athens-Clarke County Economic Development Department is the primary point of contact for industries, large commercial developments, site location consultants, and state economic development organizations interested in developing, expanding, or locating new or expanded businesses in Athens-Clarke County.
The Department was seeking for their site to be rebuilt on WordPress with the goal of making it easier for their team manage website content and also more intuitive for their target audiences to access relevant content across the site.
I redesigned and built the site on WordPress with the following elements:
- Grids and breadcrumbs that make it easy for the various audiences to access the content they’re looking for
- Interactive data visualizations
- New job search portal
- Career pathway pages to access career development resources
- Dedicated pages to highlight each target sector
- Accessibility widget to make the site more accessible
- Advanced translation capabilties
I also designed the Department’s new logo to reflect the music industry within Athens, GA.